Cleveland, OH and its surrounding areas are home to some of the most beautiful parks in the country. And let’s be real, if you’re from Cleveland, you know that there’s nothing better than spending a lazy summer afternoon in one of the city’s amazing parks. In this blog post, we’ll be taking you on a journey through some of the most interesting, original, witty, and funny parks in Cleveland and the surrounding area.
- First up, we have the Cleveland Metroparks, a chain of 18 parks that span over 23,000 acres of land. And if you’re a fan of outdoor activities, the Metroparks has it all – hiking, biking, kayaking, and even golfing. Plus, it’s the perfect place to spot some wildlife. Just don’t get too close to the deer, they’re not as friendly as they look.
- Cuyahoga Valley National Park is a gem in the heart of Northeast Ohio. It boasts stunning waterfalls, hiking trails, and some seriously Instagram-worthy views. And if you’re feeling fancy, take a ride on the Cuyahoga Valley Scenic Railroad. It’s like a trip back in time, but with better views.
- Edgewater Park is the perfect place to catch some rays and enjoy Lake Erie. It boasts a beach, picnic areas, and even a fishing pier. And if you’re feeling adventurous, take a dip in the lake. Just make sure to bring some extra sunscreen and a towel cause the Cleveland sun comes on stronger than in the summer.
- Rocky River Reservation is a scenic wonderland that’s perfect for hiking, fishing, and even horseback riding. And if you’re a fan of history, make sure to check out the remains of Fort Hill, a prehistoric earthwork that dates back to 100 BC. Just don’t try to reenact a battle, it might not end well.
- Mill Creek Park is located just outside of Cleveland in Youngstown, but it’s worth the drive. It boasts gorgeous gardens, walking trails, and even a lake for fishing and boating. And if you’re a fan of nature, make sure to visit the Ford Nature Center, which features exhibits and programs about local flora and fauna.
There you have it, folks. The most interesting, original, witty, and funny blog post about the parks in Cleveland and the surrounding area you’ll ever read. So, pack a picnic, grab some friends, and head out to one of these amazing parks. Just don’t forget to bring bug spray, a sense of humor, and maybe a change of clothes if you’re planning on taking a dip in Lake Erie.