This is the most official and up-to-date list of the 27 signs you are a Clevelander.
- It’s called pop, not soda
- If you could, you would STILL make Lebron James the godfather of your children
- You live on either the East or West side and rarely venture over to the other side… not because you have anything against it but it’s just really inconvenient.
- You know that there really are only two seasons in Cleveland: Winter and Construction.
- You know what midges (or Canadian soldiers?) are and you FREAKING HATE THEM
- You love Lake Erie but you don’t really want to swim in it….
- You have extremely high standards for grocery stores
- And beer
- In fact, you probably still have a Great Lakes Christmas Ale sitting in your fridge from last year
- You believe your accent is one of the purest in America
- Two words. Infinity Mirrors.
- You are genuinely shocked when someone says they haven’t been to Cedar Point or Put-in-Bay
- You still call it Jacob’s Field
- You’ve eaten pierogies more than 4 times in your life
- Black squirrels are a pretty normal occurrence in your life
- You leave your windshield scraper in your car year
- You are SO PUMPED about Baker Mayfield
- You know someone who has a Fount Leather Goods bag or you have one of your own
- You have thought about getting a symbolic tattoo for Cleveland (Bonus point if you actually got one)
- You would probably vote for Michael Symon if he ran for Mayor
- You bring every guest from out of town to see the West Side Market
- You’ve never actually been inside the Rock + Roll Hall of Fame
- You spend as much time outside as humanly possible during the summer
- You LIVE for the Flea
- You feel like there is a new restaurant or brewery popping up somewhere in the city every day and you want to try THEM ALL
- You feel an intense sense of pride for A Christmas Story and Superman. You’re welcome, World.
- No matter where you go, Cleveland always feels like home.
Any other trademark signs of a true Clevelander? Leave them in the comments.